EMBSAY WITH EASTBY PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Parish Council held on Wednesday 14th November 2018, 7:30pm in the Methodist Chapel Main Street, Embsay.
PRESENT: Chair Cllr Benjamin,
Cllr’s Brian Shuttleworth, Stella Kirkbride, Vince Smith, Robert Stead, David Hill, Andrew Ayrton
Also, in Attendance: Parish Clerk and 3 members of the public
Welcome: Chair welcomed everyone for
their attendance - and opened the meeting.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE: County Councillor Quinn
2. DECLARATION OF ANY PERSONAL/FINANCIAL INTERESTS:
3. APPLICATION FOR ANY DISPENSATIONS: None.
4. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION – None
OF THE LAST MEETING & MATTERS ARISING
The last Ordinary Parish Council Meeting was held on the 13th October 2018. The minutes of this meeting had been circulated previously.
Approved and Signed
Clerk reported on all matters arising:
5. Follow up letter
to Mr Snell sent – no reply
6. REPORTS FROM DISTRICT AND COUNTY COUNCILLORS
6.1 County Councillor Quinn – report
read by Clerk – Recent Street lighting issue is in the hands of the National Grid and work is being carried out around the parish with most of the lights now working.
Cllr Shuttleworth suggested that the Parish Council write to Executive
Member Don Mackenzie pointing out the inadequate service that the Parish is receiving. Chair/Clerk to Action
Regarding the grass verge issue on West Lane a second letter has now been sent by Highways to the occupant requesting payment for licences to store building material on grass verge. Failure to do so could lead to legal action taking place.
6.2 District Councillor Shuttleworth – Full report circulated prior to meeting. Points raised:
- Update on the Local Plan timescale
- New rulings on acceptable recycling materials in household Blue Bins
and Bring Bins are that no Black plastic is accepted including food trays and any type of plastic bags.
- Contaminated recyclable bins would not be collected but subject to “Red Sticker Notice”
Cllr Hill asked what would happen
to the contaminated material and the cost implications to the Parish Council.?
DC Shuttleworth/ Clerk to Action
7. PCSO REPORT – Report circulated prior to meeting.
Cllr Smith raised concerns of possible vigilantly scenario due to recent incidents
of crime in the area, adding that perhaps CCTV cameras placed at strategic roads in and out of the parish could help residents feel more secure Discussion took place on the viability and acceptance from the Police Authority on CCTV evidence.
8. PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED SINCE LAST MEETING
8.1 Planning Updates – Circulated
Responses – Clerk Verbal Report
- applications submitted and responded to: -
2018/19793/TCA Trees in Park Adjacent to 30 Main Street Embsay - No Objection
2018/19824/HH Two Storey Side Extension Moorland Rise – No Objection
2018/19737/HH Demolition/Replacement Rear Extension – No Objection
9. REPORTS FROM LEAD MEMBERS, COUNCIL WORKING PARTIES AND OUTSIDE BODIES.
9.1 Village Maintenance Report – Cllr Benjamin – points raised:
- Redundant post on Brackenley Lane and Skipton Road corner has still not been removed by CDC.
- PC owned streetlight on Rockville Terrace in need of repair – Electrical Supply may be the issue and investigations will continue.
- Previous offer of sand for recreation ground may not be available.
9.2 Volunteers’ Report – Cllr Benjamin – Nothing to report.
9.3 Road Safety Report – Cllr Smith – Verbal report
- The VAS sign for Kirk Lane will be installed sometime in
February 2019. This is reversible in either direction and the Road Safety WP will vary the direction for time to time.
- A request for necessary supplies for filling the existing
Grit bins and extra bins before winter has been sent to NYCC Area 5.
9.4 Speedwatch Report - Cllr Hill – Report circulated - points raised
- Deployment 11th October Skipton Road
16:00 – 17:00 recorded 318 vehicles None reported.
- Deployment 18th October Skipton Road 11:30 – 12:30 recorded 243 vehicles 4 reported speeding at 37,39,39,& 41 mph.
- Deployment 25th October Brackenley
Lane 08:30 - 09:30 recorded 78 vehicles None reported.
- Deployment 25th October Skipton Road 15:30 – 16:30 recorded 366 vehicles 4 reported speeding at 38,38,38.39 mph.
9.5 Nature Reserve Report
– Cllr Hill – .Report circulated - points raised
- The grant of £500 applied for from NYCC Community Projects, for the purchase of a new entrance gate to the reserve, has been received and the gate is now on order.
9.6 Recreation Ground – Cllr Stead – Verbal Report – points raised:
- Tesco funding won 2nd place of £2000
- Work is now being carried out on the trees identified
for pruning. adjacent to 30 Main Street and the Ash Tree on the main road boundary.
- Next trustee meeting 15th November Cllr’s Stead and Benjamin to attend.
9.7 Communication & IT –Cllr
Stead – Nothing to report
9.8 Fair Trade/Village Institute – Cllr Kirkbride – Verbal Report – points raised:
- Fair Trade Breakfast on Saturday 17th Nov 10am Methodist Hall
- Next Village Institute meeting will be on Monday 19rd November 2018
- Village Hall 30year Celebration 19th January 2019
Park – Cllr Stead - Verbal Report - points raised
- Most people still using responsibly. One person using disabled bay without Blue Badge.
- Warning/Instruction notices now need to be produced.
WP/Clerk to Action
9.10 War Memorial Garden – Cllr Smith – Verbal Report - points raised
- Centenary Celebration weekend was well supported and well received
by the community,
The Parish Council expressed its thanks to Cllr Smith for all his hard work on this project.
Cllr Smith thanked all the volunteers, and all the organisations involved for making the whole weekend a great success.
10. PC ADMINISTRATION
10.1 2019/2020 Budget Approval Proposed Cllr JB Seconded Cllr SK All Agree
Christmas Lights Deferred for further investigations by electrician.
10.3 New/Repair Recreation Ground Sign Deferred for discussion with Friends of the Rec
10.4 Grant Application –
EwE Research Group Proposed Cllr VS Seconded DH
11. FINANCIAL MATTERS Clerk detailed invoiced report up to 03/10/2018 &
03/11/2018 was circulated and attached for approval of payments to the value of £4040,22
11.1 Monthly Expenditure/Bank Reconciliation
Actual Budget Spend Report – (Circulated)
12. REPORT OF THE PARISH CLERK - report circulated - no questions raised
13 POLICIES & PROCEDURES
REVIEWS – None
Items for discussion: Christmas celebrations – suggestion email to everyone
Support Village Institute 30 Celebration book a table January 2019 -SK
Diary Dates – 19th Jan 2019 Village Institute Celebration
Meeting closed at 9:30
The next Parish Council Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday
13th February 2019 Starting at 7:30pm. Venue: Village Institute l Main Street, Embsay. Contact Parish Clerk: Gillian Alcock Tel:07414850766 or Email:Alcockg@hotmail.co.uk