EMBSAY WITH EASTBY PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Parish Council held on Wednesday 9th March 2022, 7:30pm at the Village Institute .
Chair: Judith Benjamin, Cllrs Stella Kirkbride, Tom Lovatt, Brian Shuttleworth, David Hill, Ann Briggs
Also, in Attendance: TheParish Clerk – 1 member of the Public
Welcome: Chair welcomed
everyone for their attendance - opened the meeting.
- 1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE: Cllr Andrew Ayrton, Cllr Smith, Cllr Shuttleworth
- 2. DECLARATION
OF ANY PERSONAL OR FINANCIAL INTERESTS: None
- 3. APPLICATION FOR ANY DISPENSATIONS: None.
- 4. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING & MATTERS
The last Ordinary Parish Council Meeting was held on the 2ndFebruary 2022.
The minutes of this meeting had been circulated previously.
Approved and signed.
- 5. PROPOSAL FOR PC SUPPORT FOR RESIDENT’S SUBMISSION TO NYCC FOR THE REMOVAL OF SPEED TABLE ON EAST LANE – Discussion
paper circulated to All Members prior to meeting.
Response to resident’s request for PC to support a submission to NYCC Highways to Remove Speed Table situated on East Lane Embsay.
- Providing that any submission to Highways for the removal of the speed bump on East Lane is based on there being acceptable (to the Parish Council) means of speed restriction
in the locality or throughout the villages, in place before speed table removal.
- Any ‘expert’ opinion is attached and signed-off in their professional capacity incorporating the legal basis of such opinion.
- Statements in any submission
are proven and can be substantiated.
Recorded Vote took place: Cllr Lovatt (No) Cllr Hill (Yes) Cllr Kirkbride (Yes) Cllr Briggs (No) Cllr Benjamin (Yes) Vote carried in favour 3-
- 6. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION – None
- 7. REPORTS FROM DISTRICT
AND COUNTY COUNCILLORS
7.1 County Councillor Quinn – No Report
7.2 District Councillor Shuttleworth – Nothing to report.
- 8. PLANNNG
APPLICTIONS RECEIVED SINCE LAST MEETING
8.1 Planning Updates – Circulated
8.2 Recommendations: - (Pending since last meeting)
C/26/811 YDNP 34 BRACKENLEY LANE ERECTION DETACHED HOUSE &GARAGE
C/26/127L YDNP TREATMENT PLANT PASTURE ROAD
CDC 10 MOORLAND RISE EMBSAY REAR EXTENSION
2022/23767/TCA CDC ROWANS" MAIN STREET EMBSAY REMOVE T1 SITKA SPRUCE
C/26/655B YDNP BIRBECK COTTAGE ROCKVILLE DRIVE ENLARGE WINDOWS
- 9. REPORTS FROM LEAD MEMBERS, COUNCIL WORKING PARTIES AND OUTSIDE BODIES.
9.1 Village Maintenance – JLB –points covered
- After SK & DH had reported small wall damaged on East Lane the Clerk reported this (for a third time) to NYCC. An inspection took place by NYCC - result shown
on Parish Portal as “Not a Priority”. Do the PC wish to pay for a repair? Show of Hands – No All Agreed Resolved.
DH asked What happens if the wall collapses completely? Clerk
replied that it will be reported again.
- Elm Tree Square – Weeding has been done.
Chair will check on progress with painting the post, with the volunteer.
Cllr Hill will paint the post if the volunteer unable to
do so Chair to Action.
- Dalacres Bus Shelter: Design viewed by members and approved . Costings to be sent to the Clerk All
Agreed Cllr Kirkbride to Action
- Cllr’s Kirkbride and Hill have removed all the overgrown ivy and cleaned up the Dalacres Bus Shelter. One x A3 frame was purchased and installed by Cllr Hill
for timetables. Clerk to Action timetables.
- Ash Die back: Cllr’s
Benjamin & Lovatt carried out a visual inspection throughout the parish to identify any trees that raised concern and may need to be removed. A total of 7 trees have been identified 1 only under Parish Council, 1 only under Highways and 5 under private
owners’ responsibility. The PC will write informing the owners of the situation.
- Noted damage to wall and fencing at Aldham’s Croft. Confirmation required of party responsible for maintenance. Clerk/Chair
9.2 Road Safety/ Speedwatch – Reports circulated previously; no questions raised.
- No Speedwatch deployments have
taken place due to poor weather conditions.
9.3 Nature Reserve – report from John Oldfield: Friend’s meeting had taken place. Ground preparations made
for spring planting which will take place shortly.
9.4 Recreation Ground –
- Cllr Hill – monthly safety inspection done – nothing to report
Cllr Benjamin reported
- Gate repair -awaiting update from Friends regarding planned entrance alteration.
- Cleaning Bins on going – Clerk contacted local company awaiting quote
- The Friends Pump Track Project is now planned to begin in July
- Spring Tidy provisional date is 3rd April 2022
- “Dumped” building rubbish to be removed. Chair
9.5 Memorial Garden – Flag damaged in high winds. A replacement flag has now been purchased
9.6 Village Institute – Queen’s Jubilee Event Shona Watson
will contact the Clerk with more details re a Jubilee Evening event. Grant awarded, by District Councillor, for two external doors. AGM Monday 21st March. Stone flagging at front of Institute being repaired.
- Making Waves raised £72.16 for charity.
- Coffee Morning on 26th February at the Cavendish Arms raised £230 for Triad Craft Exchange.
- Fair Trade Fortnight (February 21st to 6th March) was well
supported. The Primary School children were involved. Damaged bunting, around the Elm Tree, has been replaced.
- Fair Trade to support Village Fete and Classic Car Event.
- Fair Trade would like to make a presentation to the Parish Council re
Carbon Neutral churches.
SK TO ACTION (Speaker to Contact the Clerk)
9.7 Car Park – Chair read out the report circulated on the meeting with CDC. Awaiting Response.
- 10. PC ADMINISTRATION.
10.1 The Queen’s Jubilee
a) One/Two Trees in Recreation Ground with small guards– Cost max
b) Trees in Nature Reserve – (subject to Friends Request) Cost max £50
c) 1 Replacement Tree Millholme Rise Cost max £50
d) 1 Tree Eastby Entrance (Kirk Lane) Cost £50 (subject to permission) Approved
e) 1 Tree Eastby approach (Barden Road) Cost £50 (subject to permission) Approved
f) 1 Tree Embsay Entrance Cost £50
g) 1 Oak Tree on Triangle – Shires Lane Cost £90
h) 3 Trees Eastby opposite Bower House with Stock Guards Cost £465 Subject to Permission
i) Approach to YW to plant trees
at pump station. Requested that Clerk write to Y Water
j) The East Lane a Bench & 2 Trees – Requested
that Clerk write to Y Housing
11. FINANCIAL MATTERS (Detailed Invoices approved for payment circulated)
11.1 Monthly Expenditure & Bank Reconciliation – Feb
- REPORT OF THE PARISH CLERK – No Questions raised.
The Clerk reported that no instruction had arrived from the Returning
officer regarding a date for the May 5th election nominations notice. Preliminary dates given were the 14th -26th March. Nomination packs will be available once the instructions arrive.
- POLICIES & PROCEDURES REVIEWS – Risk Assessment & Asset Register Updated
- Item for discussion
- YDNP Owl and Swift Boxes Parish Involvement – discussion took place on possible sites decision taken: To advertise link on Embsay Update, Embsay Eastby Post. Clerk to Action
Meeting closed at:-20:35pm
Next Meeting is the Annual Parish Council Meeting followed by the Annual Parish Meeting Date: May 11th 2022 Venue: Village Institute, Embsay
starting 7:30 in the Main Hall
Contact Parish Clerk: Gillian Alcock Tel:07414850766 or Email:Alcockg@hotmail.co.uk